30.12.2011 HTC Incredible S Unbrick, Unlock, CID, IMEI repair supported
Resurrecting HTC Incredible S is easy. Phone is auto powered on with USB Data Cable connected to the PC while battery is connected.
Some (or all) revisions of HTC Incredible S boards have JTAG interface disabled (that is enable MARM JTAG Fuse is blown in the MSM7230 chip). In this case the JTAG may be enabled only by firmware itself. This is done by the FSBL loader, so writing to FSBL area is artificially disabled in the DCC Loader code. DCC Loader will discard all flashing attempts into FSBL zone and will respond with success code as if flashing succeeded. In this way FSBL zone is protected while user still can flash full image files seamlessly.
Resurrector will reflash radio’s boot zone (except FSBL area) and will re-write PDA’s SPL version 1.13.0000. Additionally to SPL and Radio zones, the zone which contains Model ID is re-flashed too. Thus after resurrection phone will have Model ID = ‘PG3213000’.
There is option to reflash BOOT and RECOVERY zones.
Please note, if your phone has the FSBL loader damaged and MCU has JTAG FUSE blown then there is no way to resurrect your phone via JTAG interface.
To resurrect HTC Incredible S:
- Solder JTAG cable to HTC Incredible S JTAG pads;
- Insert batter and connect USB Data cable;
- Make sure HTC Incredible S is selected in the list of models;
- If you use only battery, press Power On key;
- Click Resurrect button;
- Wait till software signals a successful operation completion;
- Disconnect power supply, de-solder JTAG wires;
Now phone is in bootable condition, that is, even if it does not start up normally you can flash it using known flashing methods.
To enter download mode:
- Disconnect PC cable;
- Insert battery;
- Hold ‘Volume Down’ key and press ‘Power ON’ button.